"SlicBus X10" Documentation Requests
  • Let us know where our documentation of this product is lacking in this discussion. We will use your comments to update and improve our documentation.

Please do not expect answers to questions here; please create a new discussion when looking for answers. Comments here should be something like: "It would be good if you explained blah blah better.", or, "I think this may be a common question: What is blah? The answer I discovered was blah dee blah.", or, "My question is this: How do I do blah? and I still haven't found an answer to it but I've started a discussion looking for an answer here-> (link)"

Thanks for helping to improve our documentation!

• I obtained a SlicBus X10 module and downloaded the documentation. The documentation seems to address the SlicBus, and not the X10. It is claimed that models TW523, PSC04 and PSC05 X10 nodems are supported. All of those modems have a 4-pin connector. But the Slicbus module comes with a 6-pin connector for the X10, and a 6-pin cable is provided. I'm guessing that nobody tested plugging that 6-pin cable into a 4-pin connector.

If only 4 pins are used, I might be able to modify the cable. However, the documentation needs to specify the pin-out of the connector on the SlicBus module.

Also, there are 6 thru-holes at the top of the X10 module. What are the connections for those pads?

Could you please help clear the confusion?

• @whitehat

While a 6 pin connector is used (for cost reasons since we purchase 6 pin connectors in volume) the modular connector itself only uses the 4 inside pins. No modification is necessary, simply use the 6pin cable as if it were a 4pin. This was tested specifically with a PSC05 which is equivalent to a TW523 (which are getting hard to find these days). The long cable shipped with the unit is meant to connect between the SlicBus X10 module and the modem. The short cable shipped with the unit is meant to connect the SlicBus interface to a Connect module or directly to a PICduino or AVRduino.

The X10 pin out is as follows:

1. not connected
    2. X10-to-modem
    3. X10-from-modem
    4. Ground
    5. Zero-from-modem
    6. not connected

The 6 through holes on the board are the programming pins for the Atmega168. If you are curious: the pin out matches our A2P2 programmer's PIC programming header when using the A2P2 as a AVR programmer. Typically it is easier to fit the single in line 6 pin on a board versus the normal AVR 2X3 pin header. The pinout is as follows:

1. RST-
    2. 5V
    3. GND
    4. MOSI
    5. SCLK
    6. MISO

Hope this helps, I'll update the documentation. Thanks very much for your question. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to post them.

Jake.

Search

Welcome to our Forums!

To take part in the discussions, sign in or apply for membership below.

Discussion Forums